What I use to create my maps
The below is a list of materials I use for both my physical props, ink & paper, as well as digital map making. Links are external & affiliate links but also to show an example of what I use. Anything I have custom created (such as my prop paper) that cannot be purchased online has the closest equivalent I can find. All Amazon links are through their Smile program where they donate part of your order to a charity of your choice.
I get a lot of inspiration from nature photographers but my absolute favorite photographer & friend is Mountains.and.the.Wild on Instagram.
Prop Map Needs:
- Instant coffee for staining (or I use a custom blend that changes depending on the look I'm going for)
- Copic Pens
- Copic Markers - Starter pack of Earth Tones
- Wax Free Tracing paper
- Tracing Stylus
- Acrylic paint (custom mix) for blood splatters
- Mod Podge Hard Coat to seal the paper
- Custom paper equivalent to 300gsm watercolor paper (this is not what I use but similar)
- Carpenter's Square
- Precision Eraser
- Bow Compass
- Drafting Pencil
- Compression Gloves
- Magnifying glass/light
Digital Map Needs:
- Wacom Cintiq 27QHD - This is what I personally use but might not be what you need/want. The link just serves as an example of what I use.
- Arm sleeve
- Hacky sack (used as a hand rest tucked inside the arm sleeve)
- Digital Paper Textures
- Digital Pencil Brushes
- Digital Pen Brushes
- Digital Watercolor Brushes
As to how I use all these items, you'll have to become a patron of mine and take my cartography class to find out.